VLCC Almond enriched under eye cream ! Hit or miss ?
Hola you all! Hope you guys are doing well.
So finally we are getting baked under the sun. Summers are my not so ‘skin friendly’ kinda weather. However, my skin ends up having a fling with the scorching sun as we see the barometers rise up here in Northern India
Apart from a good & effective sunscreen, a good eye cream is equally important for us. As we all know that the skin beneath our eyes and around our lips is the thinnest, one should be careful of not moving out in the sun without our sunnies or over rubbing one’s eyes harshly.
Reasons for these panda like eyes?
Well we all have the same struggles.
1. More stress ; less of peace
2. Less intake of water and sleep
3. A gift of inheritance from our parents
4. Bone structure of your face could get you those ‘natural’ & never going darkies
5. No protection from the sun
Mine are partly due to a weak eyesight and also that I never paid attention to protect my eyes from the sun. Also my eyes dry out too often whenever I am out in the sun. Therefore, I make it a point to apply my cream and give it a gentle massage around that area which soothes it up and hydrates it without harming or entering my eyes.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT :
The VLCC Almond under eye cream is a herbal cream containing Almond & Wheatgerm which helps in nourishing and moisturizing the under eye area. It’s 15gms in weight and retails for Rs 225 making it a super drug & easily available to all. This cream comes in a plastic packaging with a cap and is compact and travel friendly too.
Key Ingredients :
- Chamomile extract : Provides calmness and soothes the under eye are thereby providing an anti inflammatory action
- Wheatgerm oil : A rich source of Vitamin B6 and Vitamin E beneficial for the skin
- Almond oil : Packed with Vitamin K, anti-oxidants & retinol, it nourishes the eye area and reduces puffiness
- Olive oil : Softens & smoothens the skin underneath the eye area
- Vitamin E : Fights the side effects of ageing & wrinkles
- Dimethicone : A mositurizer to treat or prevent: rough, dry, scaly & itchy skin
- D-Panthenol : A nutrient from the Vitamin B family that helps manage redness, fine lines & roughness
What it claims :
This eye cream claims to :
- Reduce dark circles
- Reduce puffiness underneath the eyes
- Firm & tone the area around the eyes
- Increase blood circulation by massaging this cream gently around the under eyes
- Reducing the signs of fatigue & stress
How I used :
- I used this cream twice in a day for about a month everytime after I cleansed my face (once in morning and once in the evening)
- Taking a pea sized quantity of the cream on my ring finger and then gently massaging it upwards towards my eyes
This eye cream is a good & a naturally safe option for reducing your dark circles over the period of time. If you want to avoid any heavy chemically treated or over expensive products, this one does what it claims. However, when it comes to the consistency of the cream, it’s too thick and on the heavier side. But despite the heavy consistency, it is non-oily and non- sticky thereby making it apt for all skin types. The cream when applied onto the skin absorbs greatly & efficiently in no time which makes up for a super bonus point in my viewpoint as I don’t like to sit and wait up for any cream or moisturizer to sink in my skin.
The results are visible and I have seen a considerable change in my under eye area. My skin feels a lot more hydrated and less itchy in comparison to when I wasn’t applying anything on this part
What I like :
- It does what it claims
- Has natural ingredients
- Has no aroma/ essence
- Suits all skin types
- Budget friendly
- Comes in plastic packing & hence is travel friendly
- Non-sticky /non-oily
- Absorbs fast into the skin
What I did not like :
- The consistency of the cream is a bit heavy
- Takes time to show the actual results (min 3 weeks)
- Despite having ingredients contain anti-wrinkle properties, the product doesn’t claim to work for wrinkles
- A dispenser / pump bottle would have been a more hygienic option
VLCC is an Indian Multinational Company and hence is easily available and affordable at the same time making it a drugstore product . There are a lot more brands with many variations in eye creams which I would love to try and let you all know about them soon!
Till then 🙂
Keep Glittering ☄️
Rise N Shine 🌟
DISCLAIMER : The above written content and pictures belong to me. I do not intend to force my thoughts or opinions on anyone. The above product is owned by me and is not a sponsored write up. I have used this product for quite sometime in order to provide you with an honest review. One thing to keep in mind regarding any beauty/ skincare product is that not everything works for every skin type. So you may make a wiser decision regarding what works better for you all.
Follow me on :
Instagram : the_glitterati_affair
Facebook : The Glitterati Affair