The Multitasker Calamine |Simple hacks
Hello you all ! Hope you guys are doing well !
So the title of my blog says it all. Discussing about one of the consistently used products since my school days till now is “Lactocalamine”
This has been one of my basic magic potions which has helped me overcome any acne issues or allergic reactions as I have had a sensitive skin since birth.
One of my go to products ; whenever it’s way hot or my skin feels irritated and itchy, this lotion comes to my rescue.
WHAT IT DOES ?
Lactocalamine is a water based lotion basically used to treat itchiness, skin irritation, rashes or sunburns etc. Possessing skin protecting and astringent properties, it also helps prevent bacterial growth and infections !
An overtime use of this lotion helps reduce scars and dark spots if any on the skin. Providing a cooling effect on the skin, this lotion is a one-stop-shop for acne and many other skin related issues !
VARIANTS AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET :
Lactocalamine is available in 2 basic variants since the past so many years :
a) The Classic Lotion for Normal to dry skin : Comes in a purple coloured packaging.
This lotion suits those who have normal and oily skin by absorbing the excessive oil from the skin. It contains Kaolin + Glycerin
b) Aloe moisturizer for combination to normal skin : Comes in a green coloured packaging and works for combination skin which is clearly my type. Containing Kaolin + ALoe Vera which absorbs the excessive oil and sebum from the skin, this lotion helps retain the natural moisture of the skin.
HOW I USE IT :
The Aloe based lactocalamine is always in my vanity. As said that small and simple things go a long way ! I tend to use this product in the following ways :
1. Moisturizer : The number 1 step to a happy skin is moisturizing and maintaining the moisture level intact in the skin. Aloe Vera along with the combination of Kaolin help provide a moisture balance which is just apt as per the need of the skin. This prevents flaking and dullness and boosts the hydration in the skin.
2. Handling basic skin issues : Pimples, acne, scars , white heads or black heads ; all of it can be covered up through the regular use of this one. I generally use this lotion whenever a pimple pops up on my face. It helps fight scars as well. Lactocalamine maintains the pH of the skin which helps in combating various skin related issues.
3. Primer : Using this lotion as a face primer helps you even out the pores thereby providing a smooth surface for a flawless make up look. The presence of Kaolin helps absorb any excess oil and helps your make up last a longer time thereby prepping up your skin for numerous layers of products.
4. Get the perfect shade of your foundation : Mixing up Lactocalamine with a darker shade or an unmatched shade of the foundation might help you NOT to waste the wrong shade and still help you slay with the look you want. Choosing a wrong shade of foundation can be a trauma! Somehow, there are many brands which do not provide a good variation for different skin tones or online shopping may always not be on point.However in that case, I always prefer a shade closest to my skin tone and thereby use it up with a hint of Lacto which neutralizes it to my shade.
5. Unclog your pores : Blackheads are a huge struggle for all. The presence of kaolin + Zinc carbonate also helps in shrinking the pores with anti-germ properties which henceforth reduces the possibility of blackheads. However you may even check my post on the Neutrogena blackhead eliminating toner
6. Get some Exfoliation : Lactocalamine helps in removing the dead skin layers by exfoliating and stimulization of the skin effectively. Applying this lotion on the ankles and elbows helps reduce the darkness, dryness and dead skin on these areas which are generally not taken care of much by us.
7. Get UV protection : Mixing up some calamine in your sunscreen might help you mattify your skin thereby controlling extra sweat or oil and giving you a neat look. Also the presence of zinc oxide in it helps protection from the harsh UV rays thereby battling the signs of ageing too !
The back of the bottle claims for the following ingredients :
iii) Aloe Vera Gel
iv) Castor oil,
vi) Zinc Oxide
vii) Zinc Carbonate
x) Sorbitol Solution
MY TAKE ON IT :
The largest bottle size carries about of 120 ml of product and it retails for Rs 183. This lotion is a water based lotion which makes it ultra light and non sticky. It has helped me combat various teenage skin issues and I use it till date to clarify my acne scars and combat any rashes or itchiness.
It roughly takes 25-30 seconds for the lotion to dry up or absorb once applied onto the skin and you’re good to go 🙂
(However, I certainly did not realize my hair band’s mark on my wrist until these pictures were already up on the post 😉 That is how my skin has been :p )
Have you tried this lotion ever? If yes , then please share how has it worked on your skin? Smash your thoughts in the comments section below !
If you liked my post, please do consider subscribing to my blog. Show some love by liking, sharing and commenting your views or thoughts on the same. Also you may leave your blog link along with the comments and I’ll visit it for sure 🙂
Keep Glittering 💫
Rise N Shine ☀
DISCLAIMER : The above written content and pictures belong to me whereas some have been taken from Google (as mentioned in the footnote of the respective images). I do not intend to force my thoughts or opinions on anyone. The above product is owned by me and is not a sponsored write up. I have used this product for quite sometime in order to provide you with an honest review. One thing to keep in mind regarding any beauty/ skincare product is that not everything works for every skin type. So you may make a wiser decision regarding what works better for you all.
Follow me on :
Instagram : the_glitterati_affair
Facebook : The Glitterati Affair
Pinterest : The Glitterati Affair