7 Preachings Of Guru Nanak Dev Ji Which Resonate with us till date⭐
More than five centuries have passed, but the words of Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji still resonate with us and are relevant till date giving us serious thoughts about how the world would be, had He not shared these beautiful teachings with us. The birth of Guru Sahib is a blessing to the world. Here are 7 important teachings which are apt and practical even in today’s times.
- There is One God : Not segregating people in the name of religion was the first and foremost teaching that we all need to learn today. To Guru Sahib, Hindus, Muslims, Christians and Sikhs, everybody was the same, yet they all are ignorant to God, he said. Guru Nanak Dev Ji focused on the understanding of God, rather than helping them understand the religion.
- Women are equal to men : During the times, when women were forbidden to enter the temples and mosques, he encouraged the women to join religious gatherings. According to Him, in the eyes of the Supreme God, we all (men or women) are His children. And therefore gender cannot stop us from uniting us with our Father. His quote “From Her, Kings are Born” showed the equality and importance of women during those times. And we somehow still need to consider His preachings even today.
- The Five Evils which are ruining your life : Lust (kaam), Anger (Krodh), Greed (Lobh), Attachment (Moh), Ego (Ahamkar) are those 5 evils which tend to control every human. According to Him, to win over these evils, is to win over the suffering of life. And when we stop suffering meaninglessly, our Faith deepens.
- Sewa : The importance of selflessly serving to others or Sewa has been highlighted by Guru Sahib Ji in the verse : ‘ One who performs selfless service, without thought of reward, shall attain his Lord’. Sewa in itself brings in a lot of peace, tranquility and serenity which one cannot find in doing anything else. However, Sewa is not easy, it means to selflessly serve to the all the communities thereby giving up your time, energy and talents for the sake of others. The sewa of Langar was also symbolised by Guru Ji. Langar is a free food service being carried out in many Gurudwaras serving fresh and hot meals to everyone and all, regardless of caste, creed, gender and religion. All of them sit down together on the floor to have the meals together symbolizing unity and equality : ‘No one is above the other in the eyes of God, be it rich or poor, man or woman, Sikh or not’!
- Simplicity is beautiful : Very easy to imbibe but hard to follow, simplicity has been lost long back. Though its not hard to follow the 3 basics of this preachings :
a) Vand Chako: sharing with others
b) Kirat karo : to make an honest living
c) Naam japo : to remember God in all times
- All under God’s will : Guru Nanak Dev Ji emphasized on the Will of God which we cannot understand. Most of the suffering we all undergo is all because we do not understand the will of God and want things to happen according to us. We never understand that somethings weren’t meant for us. We should leave things on the Almighty and follow His will for He will take us to the destination that we must reach.
- Travel : Guru Nanak Dev Ji is believed to be the second most travelled person in the world. Guru Sahib travelled on foot and embarked upon a journey towards all directions : east, west, north and south when he saw that the world is burning out of falsehood, hypocrisy and hatred. He spread the message of peace, love, righteousness, compassion and truth to all.
Here is wishing you all a very Happy Gurupurab on Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s prakash parv. Its been an honour for me to have dedicated a small piece of my article to the wide knowledge of Our Guru Ji which can never be summed up in one small article. May this Gurupurab bring joy, happiness peace and contentment to all our lives 🙏
Happiness and Prosperity to all 😇
Recommended posts :
- Four Years Of Wedlock and Four Life Lessons Learnt!
- It’s Our Wedding Anniversary !!
- 7 Warning Signs That You’re In A Failing Relationship!
Rise N Shine ☀️
Disclaimer : The above article has been written by me. However I do not intend to impose my thoughts on anyone. I have covered only an inch of the Preachings and have missed out on a whole lot of things. I do not intend to hurt the sentiments of any caste, creed, race or religion. The pictures used above do not belong to me and have been taken from Google.