A Christmas Feast 🎄🎅☃️
Christmas time always makes me go gaga over the beautiful decorations of the Christmas trees, gifts and beautiful lights all around the city. To see joy in the children’s eyes and so much of warmth around makes it all the more splendid and royal. However, I always prefer to spend this occasion with family or close friends at home.
Since Delhi is way too crowded and jumbled up during Christmas, we usually stay back and spend some good time followed by a Christmas dinner and a yummylicious feast.
Puddings are relished all across the world and bread is something very common we have in our kitchens. I’m referring to one of the simplest forms of desserts which is prepared in no time ~ the eggless Bread and Butter Pudding.
This is an old fashioned English family favourite that goes easy on energy, time and wallet and the day-old bread works the best in this recipe. Though very simple and easily available, this warm delicious cake is a must to enjoy with your family and friends on a cold Christmassy night.
Let’s dip into this recipe :
Preperation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time :
- 30-45 minutes in a preheated oven @ 180° C or
- 2-3 minutes in convection microwave
Serves 4 ppl
- 4 slices of bread (whole wheat or normal)
- Cinnamon powder (pinch)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup grated jaggery (or powdered sugar)
- 2 teaspoon custard powder
- 1/2 cup grated almonds
- 1/2 cup roasted walnuts
Wet ingredients :
- 2 cups semi skimmed milk
- Vanilla essence (2 drops)
- Pour in 2 cups of milk in a saucepan and add butter, custard powder and grated jaggery into it. (you may use powdered sugar instead but I always prefer jaggery to sugar)
- Turn on the flame and start whisking the milk on medium heat until the milk comes to a boil and the mixture starts thickening. This would roughly take about 4-5 minutes but make sure you keep whisking along.
- Cut some slices of bread into small pieces. Here I used brown bread. You may use any kind of bread (whole wheat, grain,white or even crossiants) and place them in the container you want to cook your dish in. Also sprinkle a dash of cinnamon powder and some almonds flakes onto it.
- Take the custard and pour it over the bread placed in the container. Make sure the bread is well dipped and coated into the mixture. You may even mash the mixture but I preferred the chunks of bread anyhow.
- Place the container into a preheated oven at 180° C for about 30-45 minutes until golden crisp or bake it in the microwave for a couple of minutes until soft.
Voila! We just baked a classic bread and butter eggless pudding in these simple 5 steps.
Garnish the pudding with some fresh strawberries and almonds and serve hot. You may even pair the pudding up with some frozen yogurt or ice cream.
How about cooking one tonight ? Do let me know if you try this classic dessert at your place by commenting below. Also if you make this dish it in a different manner, please do let me know 🙂
I’d like to wish all my readers a Merry Christmas, filled with loads of goodies and puddings. I hope you all manage to get sometime for yourselves amongst all the mayhem and do whatever makes you happy 🙂
Recommended posts :
- Tips to brew the perfect cup of Tea 🍵
- Five Minute Super Quick Healthy Recipe | Couscous Salad
- Rheumatoid Arthritis | Diet and Best Food to Eat
- 5 Popular Dishes Found In Almost Every Indian Kitchen During Winters
Rise N Shine,
Follow me here :
INSTAGRAM : the_glitterati_affair
Disclaimer : The above article has been written by me and I have no intentions of imposing my thoughts on anyone. The pictures used above have been clicked by me. The above article speaks about the things liked by me and a particular method of cooking followed my me. However, it may not necessarily be the same for everyone. For any further queries you may mail me at : email@example.com