Instant Tossed Mushroom and Broccoli Salad 🍄🥦🥗
I recently put up a few cooking stories on my Instagram and received an overwhelming response from my followers regarding that.
Craving something to eat yet not wanting to binge on unhealthy stuff ? Here is another of my instant salads I would like to share with you all for those binge eating sessions.
Healthy food is a choice and we must not ignore the hunger alarms by our body. Staying hungry is never the solution to stay fit or healthy. It is all about choosing the right way and balancing out your diet accordingly.
Here is a simple ten minute salad you could rely on any time for those quick eating times.
Nutritional Value : MUSHROOM AND BROCCOLI
Mushrooms : They are packed with high nutritional value and are low in calories. A great source of fiber and proteins , these include Vitamin B, potassium and copper along with some quantities of Vitamin D. However, mushrooms is one such super food which cannot be eaten in raw form and needs to be cooked effectively.
Broccoli : A great source of Vitamin C and K, this vegetable helps in tissue and bone formation and contains powerful and effective antioxidants. Falling in the category of good carbs, broccoli is a superfood which aids digestion problems, is rich in fiber and is eminent for weight loss.
RECIPE : Mushrooms and Broccoli Salad
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 broccoli florets (chopped)
- 1 tspn grated garlic
- salt & black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil/butter
- Add a spoon of extra virgin oilve oil / butter to the pan
- Sauté the garlic
- Add mushrooms
- Sprinkle salt (as per your taste) so that mushrooms releases it’s water
- Add broccoli florets to it
- Cook for about 5 minutes on low flame (you may even cover it with a lid)
- Sprinkle some grated low fat cheese, black pepper and dried herbs onto it and serve hot or at room temperature
Easy peezy ! Right !
- I always prefer the mushrooms to release their water and thereby cook them first
- You could even put in the broccoli first to the pan and then add on the mushrooms if you prefer juicy mushrooms
- You could add any choice of salad leaves to it or extra vegetables like bell peppers, corn and cherry tomatoes to it along with a drizzle of some salad dressing onto it. However, I wanted something quick and easy to prepare plus a major change from the conventional Caesar or Lettuce salads.
HAPPY COOKING 🙂
If you try this salad, do let me know about how did you find it. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts or suggestions in the comments section below !
I hope you liked my blog post and if you did, please do consider subscribing to my blog. Show some love by liking, sharing and commenting your views or thoughts on the same. Also you may leave your blog link along with the comments and I’ll visit it for sure 🙂
Recommended posts :
- Five Minute Super Quick Healthy Recipe | Couscous Salad
- 5 Popular Dishes Found In Almost Every Indian Kitchen During Winters
Keep Glittering 💫
Rise N Shine ☀️
Follow me here :
INSTAGRAM : the_glitterati_affair
Disclaimer : The above article has been written by me and I have no intentions of imposing my thoughts on anyone. The pictures used above have been clicked by me. The above article speaks about the things liked by me and a particular method of cooking followed my me. However, it may not necessarily be the same for everyone. For any further queries you may mail me at : email@example.com