Bio Oil & It’s 20 Uses You Never Knew About
Hey you all !
Lately, I have been switching over a number of skincare products according to the changing demands of my skin. A cult favourite skincare product for many of us, Bio Oil has been my top and most used skincare products that I just fell in love with recently. Having used it consistently since the past few months, I realized it was one of those products I would like to have in my skincare closet always. We generally associate this oil with stretch marks and pregnancy, but chances are that there are a lot more benefits of having this one oil in your skincare closet which could help you get your dream skin.
About the Brand : BIO OIL
Launched in 2002, Bio Oil has received approximately 191 Internationally acclaimed awards till now in the skincare category.
This multipurpose oil is a potent mixture of miraculous vitamins and skin improving properties which not only does wonders on the stretch marks but also improves the texture of the skin by keeping it hydrated, helps in lightening acne marks, fights depigmentation and smoothens out any unevenness in the skintone.
However there are a few cons of this product too. So stay with me to know more about this product and let us delve into the details of this wonder oil :
My Experience with Bio Oil :
Bio Oil is a light weight textured Vitamin E based oil which helps in the dissolution of stretch marks, pigmentation related issues or any scars on the skin. I have been using this oil for the past few months and I have noticed my stretch marks fade away along with a prominent scar that I had on my right knee since a long time. Also, there is a boost in the hydration level of my skin.
This oil absorbs effectively into the skin and is non sticky and light weight unlike many other vitamin E based oils in the market. Even lighter oils like Johnsons Baby oil takes time to absorb into the skin as compared to this one. It has a mild pleasant fragrance and the oil is light orange in colour.
Packaging : The oil comes in a transparent bottle with a nozzle which can control the quantity of the product. Even if you’re not careful enough, you would not end up splurging out too much oil as the nozzle controls the quantity effectively.
Price : Available in 3 different sizes and quantities, the 60ml bottle ranges for Rs 395, 125 ml for Rs 645 and 200ml bottle for Rs 950. The image shown above shows 2 variants of a 60ml bottle and 200ml bottle of Bio Oil.
Availability : Bio Oil Official Website, Nykaa, Amazon, Flipkart
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Chamomile Oil
- Lavender Oil
- Rosemary Oil
- Non sticky
- Absorbs effectively
- Mild pleasant fragrance
- Improves depigmentation, stretch marks and acne marks slowly over the time
- Light weight
- Quite expensive as compared to other Vitamin E based oils in the market
- Not a cruelty-free and a vegan product
- Works slowly to show an overall effect on the concerned areas
For Skin :
- Applying a few bio oil drops on your lips would help you hydrate and fight away those chapped lips (specially during winters)
- Apply this oil over your fine lines or wrinkles and fight the signs of ageing
- Dabbing a little bit of bio oil underneath your eyes would help you bade farewell to those puffy eyes and dark circles and would nourish your lashes at the same time
- Using a few drops of bio oil on your acne scars would help them fade away over time
- Using this oil over the darkened areas like knees and elbows would help you lighten up these parts of your body thereby making the skin tone evened out and hydrated
- Massaging your nail cuticles with some bio oil to keep them strong and healthy. The Vitamin E in this oil would help in the nail growth too
- Using Bio oil over the cracked heels would certainly help you keep your feet more maintained and happy
- Using it as a pre shave cream would help you smoothen out your arms and legs to prevent any cuts
- Using Bio Oil also as a post shave cream would help restore your skin’s pH and would give you that shine on your legs /arms
- Get a home spa by mixing up a few drops of this oil in some warm water along with some bath salt and just dip in and relax
- Fight the stubborn stretch marks by regularly applying this oil over your over stretched skin
- Use some bio oil over the fresh plucked brow and upper lip area to soothen up your skin and reduce redness
For Make Up :
- Use bio oil as a hydrating base on your face to keep that makeup on place for a long time and prevent any dry patches on your face
- Dab a few drops of bio oil on the high points of your face to get the natural glow like a highlighter
- Use it as an effective makeup remover to wipe out that excessive and stubborn make up
- Use it to increase the hydration and redefine the consistency of your heavy and thick foundation by mixing it up to make it easily applicable onto your skin
For Haircare :
- Due to its lightweight and smooth consistency, taking a few drops of bio oil onto your palms and spreading it over the wet strands of you hair as a hair serum can help you ease out those brittle and frizzy hair
- Using bio oil over your scalp can help you fight away itchiness and that dry- dead skin away
- Also use it as a layer on your hair before hitting the pool to save yourself from the harsh chlorine water
- Bio Oil over your lashes would help them prevent from sticking together while applying Mascara. Also it would serve as a Mascara primer by pushing up the lashes and separating them away and making them look more thicker , fuller and longer
VERDICT : A
Even though this oil is on the expensive side, it still is a multitasker and a miracle oil for me. It has been showing some great effects on the texture of my skin. Many of my skin problems have faded away slowly. I would certainly love to keep this one in my closet and use it until I find an even better variant or substitute of such a product in the market. And perhaps I would rate this one 4/5 or A.
How about your take on this oil? Have you used this product? Let me know in the comments section below!
I hope you liked my honest feedback and if you did, please do consider subscribing to my blog. Show some love by liking, sharing and commenting your views or thoughts on the same. Also you may leave your blog link along with the comments and I’ll visit it for sure 😊
Recommended posts :
- The Nykaa So Matte Lipstick | Review and Swatches
- Biotique Ageless Serum | Review
- The Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel | Review
- Himalaya Herbals Protein Shampoo | Review
Keep Glittering, 💫
Rise N Shine, ⭐
Follow me on :
INSTAGRAM : the_glitterati_affair
Disclaimer : The above written content and pictures belong to me. I do not intend to force my thoughts or opinions on anyone. The above product is owned by me and is not a sponsored write up. I have used this product for quite sometime in order to provide you with an honest review. One thing to keep in mind regarding any beauty/ skincare product is that not everything works for every skin type. So you may make a wiser decision regarding what works better for you all.
Not liking a particular product or a brand does not mean that I hate it.