The Rose-Kokum Cream | Natural & Sustainable Skincare
Coming onto the review for today in my Quarantine Series is this ROSE – KOKUM CREAM from My Urvija (a local & homegrown Indian brand) that was kindly gifted to me about 2 months back .
Those of you who’ve been following me consistently on my Instagram handle, I shared a few unboxing stories and first impressions on this one. In case you don’t follow me on Instagram, please do follow me here to know more : @the_glitterati_affair
Ideology Of The Brand | My Urvija :
This natural lifestyle brand : My Urvija aims at providing lifestyle and wellness products products carved from natural and sustainable ingredients that are also palm oil free. My Urvija, harnesses to work for the rights of thousands of Orangutans, that have been deprived of their natural habitat as a result of rampant deforestation occured in order to produce palm oil which is apparently used in soaps, shampoos,creams & a lot many beauty products in today’s date and a critical step towards resisting climate change. Besides providing some simple and effective anti- pollution skin and haircare products, the brand also aims at providing employment opportunities for the local communities. The brand ensures to not to expose their products to any chemical preservatives, sulphates or pesticides and strive to nourish the body both from inside and outside which I absolutely appreciate.
Packaging & Pricing :
The product comes in a sturdy plastic tub containing about 100 gms of product for Rs 390 which is leak proof and travel friendly.
- Coconut Oil
- Rose Petal Wax
- Kokum Butter
- Vitamin E
- Geranium Oil
- Rubia Cordifolia Extract
- Rose Hydrosol
- Vegetable Wax
How To Apply ?
- I have been using this moisturizer since January & I’m already over with half of the tub. I just require a dollop of this over my face plus neck post applying a serum & I’m good to go.
- I love using this moisturizer mainly during my PM routines but on days when my skin feels too dry or stretchy, I reach out to this one even during the days.
- The moisturizer is apt for normal to combination skin beauties. Though dry skinned people would need a little extra with them apart from this one
Texture & Consistency :
- The moisturizer has a pale pink colour (mainly due to the presence of rose petal wax and rose hydrosol in it)
- The texture of this moisturizer is creamy (on the thicker side) and luscious but it literally melts into one’s skin leaving no traces of oil or greasiness
- The moisturizer has a mild fragrance of roses that I adore but more than anything else is it’s non sticky yet nourishing properties that leaves my skin plump and moisturized
- I have noticed my skin getting more firm & tight though I dont have any visible fine lines
- I’ve been massaging this religiously around the corners of my lips & eyes & have noticed a change in the firmness of my skin around those sensitive areas ( where our skin starts showing signs of aging at the earliest)
- Also this one hasn’t broken me out till date
The product doesn’t have an elongated shelf life unlike other products and that’s absolutely fair enough owing to the presence of natural ingredients and no preservatives. I also appreciate the transparency of this brand.
I have been enjoying using this moisturizer on my skin and I feel that this brand is underrated and it can totally change one’s skin’s texture if applied regularly.
Kindly Gifted, but my thoughts are completely honest 🌸
When if comes to home grown and local Indian brands, which moisturizer is the one ruling your skincare game?
Keep Glittering 🌞
Stay Safe and Stay Healthy 🙂