TODDLERS’ MESS FREE FUN PAINTING ACTIVITY 🎨🖌️
Sitting at home certainly gives goosebumps to all the mums out there who haven’t been able to start off with their kids’ schooling. Seems there would be no choice to send them to school atleast in India till the end of 2020 or even next year.
But that certainly doesn’t mean that we cannot homeschool our kids or keep them busy.
Trust me, I cherish the time when my little one is busy in some or the other activity and therefore planning something new to attract her and involve her every now and then has become a part of my schedule.
As already heard some of the famous sayings that home is the first school and parents are the first teachers for any child, I feel its always a good idea to introduce different activities at home and get the advantage of them getting busier.
Here is one such activity that I’d love to share with the new mums whose kids have just completed a year mark and are okay with balancing and sitting at one place.
For toddlers, I would always advice mums to be patient and let them explore and stay busy in whatever they like.
This toddler painting activity is also :
- mess free ( which saves up our efforts to clean up the remains which also kind of gets tiring for us moms)
- involves a lot many bright colours
- creative & attractive to kids
- you could certainly save these up as lifetime memories for your child by framing up what they create
- Gives you sometime off (Brownie points)
Painting is one such activity that my baby inherited from my mother and sister I believe. She just gets excited to mess around with colors, get hold of the brush, play around with coloured water even though she’s hardly 15 months old. Well, there is no age factor for all this and that’s why it’s important to experiment and find out activities that fascinate your child.
7 INCREDIBLE BENEFITS OF PAINTING BY TODDLERS :
- it helps develop creativity and imaginative skills
- builds problem solving skills
- develops and enhances communication skills
- kids get to learn about colours,shapes, designs and patterns
- it nurtures emotional growth
- helps in a better hand – eye coordination
- helps them express themselves better
A white drawing sheet Few water colours Paint brush Transparent Cellophane sheet Play mat / newspaper/ old sheet
STEP BY STEP ACTIVITY :
- Make sure to use a play mat, an old bedsheet or even newspaper to avoid any kind of mess on the floor
- Take a white plain sheet and add on it a lot of bright water colours ( do not mix them)
- Put the paper in a transparent cellophane sheet
- Seal the sheet properly and hand it over to your kid
- Let the child explore the colors
- Your child gets attracted to the colors present on the sheet and would certainly want to touch it
- In that process, the paint will start spreading and mixing up thereby creating a beautiful piece of abstract art
Also here is the link to my IGTV :
Do like, comment and share it 🙂
I hope you find this activity useful and in case you do, kindly LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE and SAVE my POST. Also I would love to get a feedback from you all whether you would want to see more of such posts from me.
Happy Weekend 🌞