No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars | Vegan, Sugar Free & Gluten Free
MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU ALL !
This year has been a roller coaster ride and I got to unveil so many aspects in my life, baking being one of them. Guess quarantine really made me learn so many things in the kitchen because not being able to move out freely gave me the opportunity to try new things in my kitchen. And I’m here to share one of those guilt free desserts with you to which I got a great response and is super easy to make.
These simple, Vegan, No Bake and No Sugar Chocolate Oats Bar are an ultimate treat to your taste buds and a perfect winter dessert that you’d love to make and keep some for those wine nights to amp up your taste buds or just to satiate your sweet cravings.
Winter time makes me crave for desserts and this one certainly tops my list. This one’s loaded with some gorgeous nuts like almonds, raisins and walnuts making it nutritious as the same time since my baby refrains nuts in their original form.
Honestly, I loved how these turned out to be because they were very simple to make and really required not much of effort and no oven too.
Also, I have my favourite ingredient, Oats with a chocolatey flavour that I always relish and enjoy the most.
Crafted with the simplest of ingredients that are easily available and sans sugar is a bonus in this recipe that I personally feel satisfied to see my husband and my little one gobble instead of any desserts that are way too sweet and loaded with sugar or creams. Being a dairy free dessert, this one can survive a long time in your refrigerator and you can slice up slowly as per your requirements.
I feel this easy recipe is a great way to indulge yourself into a guilt free dessert and what better than Christmas to share this up with you. New Year’s is round the corner and I’m sure your family and kids would dig into this easy recipe merrily.
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 mins
Total Time : 3 hrs (to settle)
For the crust :
- 2 cups oats flour
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup melted unsweetened organic Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup organic Honey /Maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil
For the Chocolate Topping :
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 Tbsp Honey/Maple syrup
For the Crust :
- In a blender take roasted oats, almonds, raisins and walnuts and blend it into a fine powder
- In a non stick pan, take some peanut butter ( let it melt if it’s chunky). I used The Butternut Co. unsweetened organic Peanut Butter
- Once melted, add over honey/maple syrup to it . I used honey which was extracted directly from a honey comb in my garden that I collected few days back
- Add in the Virgin Coconut Oil. I used the Coco Soul extra virgin oil
- Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix it well Make sure that the dry oats combine well with the sticky and gooey nut butter and honey mix, thereby making it crumbly and we’ll coated (If not then you could add up more of coconut oil and the nut butter)
- Take a tart pan and add over this mixture and flatten it up giving it a smooth surface using a spoon or a spatula
- Keep it aside in the refrigerator to set
For the Chocolate Topping:
- In a Bowl mix the unsweetened Cocoa Powder, melted coconut oil and honey altogether and mix them up into a chocolatey topping (You could manage the consistency as per your choice). I like mine thin and runny
- Pour over the chocolate topping evenly over the crust and make sure to pop away any air bubbles with a toothpick.
- Let it sit now in the freezer for 2-3 hrs or until the chocolate is settled in the tart pan
Taddaaaa! Your No Bake, Sugar Free, Gluten Free,Vegan Oats Chocolate bars are ready to be enjoyed and gulped in.
This dessert has rarely survived a day in my refrigerator till now and I enjoy having them myself. Plus the vegans out there have a great option to enjoy too.
Do let me know if you try out my recipe and do tag me on instagram @the_glitterati_affair
Merry Christmas to you all !